Saturday, September 17, 2011

Do It Yourself

Someone once said, “If you want something done right, do it yourself.”  Well, that famous quote was not referring to me, at least not in regards to painting cabinetry.  However, the lack of remodeling budget has made it necessary to begin the remodel work without experienced help.

Before my horseback riding accident, which resulted in a head injury and a stroke (1996), I studied art and did all right with fine arts painting (modern), but those days are gone. I was delighted when I was actually recovered enough to do a line drawing, and I seem to have some of my skills back.  But home fix-it projects have never been a primary skill set for me.  That’s where Kilz and Swiss Coffee and cheap but pretty hardware cover up a multitude of sins.  Actually, I can rationalize just about any level of performance when it comes to covering up dark wood paneling.



I think I did okay, especially if you squint when you get close up.

©  Elena E. Smith, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment