Friday, August 5, 2011

Light & Airy

Sometimes you don’t really know what a place has to offer until you get into it. 


I recently moved from a 1967 mobile home (#20, above) to a 1970 mobile home in another park.  I would describe #20 as the most beautiful place I have ever lived.  It had 8-foot ceilings, and was probably the top-of-the-line when it was installed.  A huge porch/ deck.  A 3-story high walnut tree on the property behind me, full of squirrels playing chase.  Owls, at times.  And a brambly thing crawling over my wall that ended up yielding boysenberries.

It was hard to leave #20, but I did it primarily for financial reasons.  And now I am unpacking in my new home which --- if I was to use the term “shabby chic” --- well, it would be far more shabby than chic.  But I have noticed that it has excellent lighting, and the insulation is great, which will keep my cooling and heating  costs down.

Besides the new neighbors, who are great, I am finding all the good little things about my place to tide me over until I can start the remodeling.  

©  Elena E. Smith, 2011

1 comment:

  1. It's always hard to leave a place that has been "home" for so long. Before you know it, you'll be happy in your "new" home!

    This is a good format for sharing information and personal thoughts....keep it up.

    ReplyDelete